We believe that arbitration is a faster, more convenient and less expensive way to resolve any disputes or disagreements that you may have with us. Therefore, pursuant to these Terms, if you have any dispute or disagreement with us regarding or relating to (i) your use of or interaction with the Site or other Service, (ii) any purchases or other transactions or relationships with Fandango, or (iii) any data or information you may provide to Fandango or that Fandango may gather in connection with such use, interaction or transaction (collectively, "Fandango Transactions or Relationships"), you will not have the right to pursue a claim in court, or have a jury decide the claim and you will not have the right to bring or participate in any class action or similar proceeding in court or in arbitration. By using or interacting with the Site or other Service, or engaging in any other Fandango Transactions or Relationships with us, you agree to binding arbitration as provided below.
- the Arbitration shall be conducted before a single arbitrator selected in accordance with the Applicable Rules or by mutual agreement between you and Fandango (the "Arbitrator");
- the Arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising under or relating to the validity, interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Terms and/or these arbitration provisions in Paragraph 18 hereof, including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of these Terms is void or voidable;
- the Arbitration shall be held either: (i) at a location determined by JAMS (or, if applicable, AAA) pursuant to the Applicable Rules (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for you and does not require travel in excess of 100 miles from your home or place of business); or (ii) at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by you and Fandango; or (iii) at your election, if the only claims in the arbitration are asserted by you and are for less than $10,000 in aggregate, by telephone or by written submission.
- the Arbitrator (i) shall apply internal laws of the State of New York consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, or, to the extent (if any) that federal law prevails, shall apply the law of the United States, irrespective of any conflict of law principles; (ii) shall entertain any motion to dismiss, motion to strike, motion for judgment on the pleadings, motion for complete or partial summary judgment, motion for summary adjudication, or any other dispositive motion consistent with New York or federal rules of procedure, as applicable; (iii) shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; and (iv) shall have authority to award any form of legal or equitable relief;
- the Arbitration can resolve only your and/or Fandango's individual claims, and the Arbitrator shall have no authority to entertain or arbitrate any claims on a class or representative basis, or to consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated;
- the Arbitrator shall issue a written award supported by a statement of decision setting forth the Arbitrator's complete determination of the dispute and the factual findings and legal conclusions relevant to it (an "Award"). Judgment upon the Award may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the relevant party or its assets;
- in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of Arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Fandango will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the Arbitration as the Arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive, regardless of the outcome of the Arbitration, unless the Arbitrator determines that your claim(s) were frivolous or asserted in bad faith;
- in the event you recover an Award greater than Fandango's last written settlement offer, the Arbitrator shall also have the right to include in the Award Fandango's reimbursement of your reasonable and actual out-of-pocket attorneys' fees associated with the Arbitration, but Fandango shall in all events bear its own attorneys' fees; and
- with the exception of subpart (e) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Applicable Rules, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (e) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor Fandango shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute, and must instead bring any claims in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Fandango may modify these arbitration provisions, but such modifications shall only become effective thirty (30) days after Fandango has given notice of such modifications and only on a prospective basis for claims arising from Fandango Transactions and Relationships occurring after the effective date of such notification.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing arbitration provisions, at your option, you may bring any claim you have against Fandango in your local small claims court within the United States, if your claim is within such court's jurisdictional limit; provided that such court does not have the authority to entertain any claims on a class or representative basis, or to consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated in such proceeding.