Last updated: January 11, 2018
Your Rights to Dispute
Your use of our websites and our other services are subject to binding individual arbitration of any disputes which may arise, as provided in the Terms and Policies. Please read the arbitration provisions of the Terms and Policies carefully and do not use the Online Services if you are unwilling to arbitrate any disputes you may have with us as provided in our Terms and Policies.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- CONTACT US
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
There are two main types of information we collect about users of the Online Services:
- "Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies you and may include, for example, your full (i.e., first and last) name, phone number, email address, postal address, credit or other payment card number, and photos of you or other individuals.
- "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" is information that relates to you or the computer or mobile device you use to access the online Services, but does not on its own identify you personally. This information may include (for example), information about your use of the Online Services, including web pages you have visited, apps you have downloaded, parts or functions of the Online Services you have used or viewed, gameplay data, content you have accessed or viewed, advertising sent to you or that you have viewed, transaction history, IP address and device identifiers, information about your Internet connection, information about the equipment or software you use to access the Online Services, and information you provide to or post on message boards or chat rooms that are part of the Online Services.
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We collect information about you in three main ways:
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us: for example, when you register with the website, sign up for email or text alerts, buy movie tickets or make other purchases via the Online Services, request products or services, respond to surveys, contact us or otherwise interact with us. Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from the Online Services you use on shared devices.
- From third parties : we may obtain information about you from third parties outside of the Online Services. When you sign-on to the Online Services or otherwise interact with social networks or if you interact with us through a social media function such as a plug-in (for example, a Facebook "like" button) then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some information from your social network profile (such as your name, email address, your friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, the people/sites you follow, and so forth). We may also obtain information about you from a third party data aggregator, cookie technology operator, advertising network, or another type of data company.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We (and our service providers) may use the information we collect about you for a variety of business purposes. For example, we may use that information to:
- Provide the services and products you have requested;
- Create an account on the Online Services if you have requested one;
- Personalize the services we offer and the advertising displayed through the Online Services (see options for opting-out of personalized advertising at our Cookies and Tracking Technologies Information Center);
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
- Allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Online Services, where you choose to do so;
- Provide technical support for the Online Services;
- Understand how the Online Services are used so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to you;
- Send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- Send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us or other companies or organizations that we work with.
- Use technology (such as Facebook Custom Audiences) to deliver advertising to you on other sites based on the email address or other Personally Identifiable Information you provided to us or through the use of information we received from third parties. Please see Your Rights and Choices for further information about some of your options;
- Recognize devices you use and associate the information with your profile. We may use data collected or received from others, such as information about devices you use, to make a deterministic or probabilistic match of advertising and cookie identifiers. For example, we or others may match devices you use if you log onto the same online service or multiple devices or web browsers (deterministic), or if devices you use share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user (probabilistic). We also may use this information, for example, to match a user’s interest across devices, as well as for analytics, ad reporting, or to improve the services;
- Send gifts to your requested recipients, provide other communications relating to those sorts of transactions, as well as any further communications as may be authorized by the recipients; and
- Combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Third Parties who Separately Have Your Information: We may share information about your use of the Online Services with third parties to whom you separately provide (or to whom you already separately have provided) your Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., if you establish or have established accounts with them). In these instances, we may enhance the data they have about you by using or sharing a common identifier that itself is not Personally Identifiable Information.
- Theaters, Venue Operators, Event Promoters: We may provide information (including Personally Identifiable Information) to theaters, venue operators and event promoters so that they can admit you to their premises (or to the premises of their events), or be prepared to handle issues relating to your attendance or planned attendance.
- Loyalty Program Operators: Our services offer the ability for consumers to link their Fandango account with the loyalty rewards programs of certain theaters, venue operators, event promoters, movie studios or other companies offering loyalty reward programs. When you indicate that you'd like such a link to occur, we may share transaction information or other information (including Personally Identifiable Information) pertaining to you with the applicable program operator.
- Social Networks: You may interact with certain features of the Online Services that cause information to be published to your social networks. Or, you may sign up for features on the Online Services or a social network that are designed to require that we provide to the social network information which may include Personally Identifiable Information, to associate our records relating to you in our data base with the records that social network has relating to you in their database, so that they or we can contact you or tailor messages to you, or otherwise. On pages of the Online Services that contain social network functionality, the social network providing the functionality may be able to collect information about you, even if you don't use that functionality.
- Message Boards and Other Public Areas: Information you provide to or post on message boards, chat rooms or other public areas that are part of the Online Services may be freely used and disclosed by us.
- For Mobile, Consumer Electronics or Other Device Apps: We may share information (including Personally Identifiable Information and how you use mobile apps, consumer electronics device apps or other device apps) with mobile carriers, technology providers, analytics providers, device makers or operators, or the operators of platforms, operating systems or other mobile, consumer electronics or other device apps. Please see our Mobile Apps Information Center for additional details about mobile apps.
- Opt-Ins: In some places on our Online Services we may place opt-ins where you can select to receive communications from companies with whom we have promotional relationships. If you opt-in to receive those communications, or opt-in to consent to share Personally Identifiable Information with those companies, then we may disclose Personally Identifiable Information to them.
- Contests and Sweepstakes: We may publicly disclose the name, city and state of contest and sweepstakes winners if permitted by the contest/sweepstakes rules.
- Sale of Our Business or Assets: If we sell all or part of our business or assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may, in our sole discretion, transfer, sell or assign any or all information to a third party as part of or in connection with that transaction. Upon such a transfer, the privacy policies of the acquiring entity may govern the use and further collection of Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- Legal Reasons: We may use or disclose information to cooperate with or enlist the support of law enforcement, government or regulatory bodies, content protection organizations or judicial processes with respect to, or to prevent, suspected or possible fraud or other suspected or possible illegal activities. We may also use or disclose information as we determine appropriate to the extent that records have been subpoenaed or otherwise in connection with pending or potential litigation, or to enforce or protect the rights or safety of Online Services users, us or others, or for risk management purposes.
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
If you do not want to receive the benefits of targeted advertising, you may opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information by visiting the NAI Opt-out page or the DAA Opt-out page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out), you will still see advertisements while you're browsing online. However the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. Please also note that if you opt-out of targeted advertising, we may still track your visits to the Online Services for our own analytics, operations and security purposes
For more information about your choices relating to these activities, see Cookies and Tracking Technologies Information Center.
The Online Services are not designed or intended for use by children under 13, and thus if you are under 13 we ask that you do not use the Online Services or provide us with any information. If we discover that we have inadvertently gathered any such information then we will, to the extent required by law, delete such information from our records. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com.
California minors under 18 years old may request the removal of any information that they posted to the Online Services by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon such request, we will anonymize or remove from public view any content posted by a minor to one of the Online Services, unless required by law to retain such content or information.
7. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical and physical safeguards for the Online Services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide via the Online Services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of Personally Identifiable Information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact email@example.com.
Usernames & Passwords
It is important that you protect and maintain the security of any account and that you notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of any Fandango account. Do not disclose your password to anyone else.
8. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
If you have subscribed to one or more of our email newsletters or are receiving them from us and you don't want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Select the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any message, use other means provided to unsubscribe or change communication preferences, or use the contact details below, to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional e-mails. However, you cannot unsubscribe from some service related messages.
For more information about our information collection and use practices with respect to our mobile applications, including information on how to opt out of targeted advertising, see the Mobile Apps Information Center.
Advertising/Cookies and Similar Technologies
Access and Correction
In addition to the functionality provided to you via the Online Services (such as using "account settings" for registered users), where legally required we provide online visitors with access to their Personally Identifiable Information and the ability to review, update and correct it. Some access requests may be subject to a small fee. To help your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to Personally Identifiable Information about you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about exercising these rights.
Data Retention and Deletion
We may retain your data for as long as you use the Online Services and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you'd like to delete, modify or update the Personally Identifiable Information that you provided via the Online Services please use the settings on the Online Services or contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of this data may be required in order for the Online Services to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
9. CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The Online Services are governed by and operated in accordance with, the laws of the United States. Fandango makes no representation that the Online Services are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including Personally Identifiable Information, may be transferred to, processed, stored and used in the United States. Under United States law, your Personally Identifiable Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States.
10. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which our Online Services have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at Fandango, Attn: Privacy Officer, 407 N. Maple Dr., Suite 300, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
DO NOT TRACK
Fandango does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals. When a uniform technological standard has been developed, Fandango will reconsider. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
11. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
13. CONTACT US