The Garden (2009)
Details for In Theaters
Calendar for movie times. is selected.Skip to Movie and Times
Movie Times Calendar
Filter movie times by screen format. is selected.
How To Watch On Demand
Stream over 150,000 Movies & TV Shows on your smart TV, tablet, phone, or gaming console with Vudu. No subscription required.
Know When Tickets Go On Sale
We'll notify you when tickets go on sale in your area and more for The Garden (2009)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is The Garden (2009)?
- The Garden (2009) is 1 hr 20 min long.
- Who directed The Garden (2009)?
- Scott Hamilton Kennedy
- What is The Garden (2009) about?
- The Garden is an engaging and powerful look at the famous political and social battle over the largest community garden in the U.S (located in south central Los Angeles). A follow-up to Kennedy's award-winning documentary, OT: Our Town, the film shows how the politics of power and greed (backroom deals, land developing, green politics, money) tragically intersect with working class families who rely on this communal garden for their livelihood. Equal parts The Wire and Harlan County, USA, The Garden exposes the fault lines in American society and raises crucial and challenging questions about liberty, equality, and justice for the poorest and most vulnerable among us.