- Hugh Jackman hasn’t shot a single frame of film for Bryan Singer’s anticipated X-Men sequel, Days of Future Past. Heck, he’s still busy promoting the Oscar nominee Les Miserables, and he has The Wolverine on the horizon (due in theaters in July). But that hasn’t stopped him from whipping mutant fans into a frenzy about the size and scope of the upcoming sequel.
Speaking with The Daily Mail over the weekend, Jackman promised, “You wouldn’t have enough room on the page after you’ve listed [the entire cast]. Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it. … There’s an element of time travel and, naturally, it will be action-packed.”
Now, don’t go expecting members of The Avengers or the Fantastic Four. This won’t be a crossover Marvel team-up feature (though that would be beyond awesome). Instead, Singer will have a wealth of X-Men characters to pick from as he puts his sequel together, and everything that we are hearing suggests that Days of Future Past will be the biggest (and hopefully best) superhero movie of our lifetime. No pressure.
- Jim Carrey is the highest-profile addition to Kick-Ass 2, a sequel to the surprisingly successful homegrown hero story. The rubber-faced comedian will play Colonel Stars and Stripes alongside original stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Entertainment Weekly had the first official look at Carrey in costume in its latest issue. We have it for you below:
- Robert Rodriguez was in Sundance over the weekend for an anniversary screening of El Mariachi. But he also took the time to tease his Sin City sequel for MTV, where he spilled a few details about Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s storyline and confirmed that Bruce Willis will be back for A Dame to Kill For. Give a listen to the informative interview.
- Speaking of Willis, USA Today reports a massive mural of his iconic Die Hard character, John McClane, will be painted on the 20th Century Fox studio lot in celebration of the original film’s 25th anniversary release.
"While we're always pushing the envelope to create great action sequences, I think it is McClane's relatability and sense of humor that really draws in people," writes Willis. "I find it an interesting exercise to reach for the bar we set with the series, and I enjoy checking in with McClane at different stages in his life."
A Good Day to Die Hard opens in theaters on Feb. 13.
- Finally, we have been saying that it will be nearly impossible to bring any original members of the Captain America cast back for the sequel because – outside of Cap (Chris Evans), who was frozen – they are trapped in the past, when the action was set. And yet, HeyYouGuys has a video clip of co-star Toby Jones from the Critics Circle Awards saying that he’ll be reprising his role of Arnim Zola in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
“I do know,” the actor teased when asked if he knew whether he’d return to Marvel’s sandbox. “I could tell you … [Laughs] It looks like I will be, yeah!”
No details beyond that, but that suggests an interesting bridge between the past and the present that I’m hoping Cap 2 explores.
Follow along on Twitter @Sean_OConnell and @Fandango.
Hugh Jackman, Bruce Willis, Die Hard 5, Jim Carrey, Kick-Ass 2, X-Men Days of Future Past
funny damn drunk person at a redbox watch the VIDEO and get FREE redbox codes at the end... www .youtube.com/watch?v=j7MnpwBhfkQ?=NOCOSTCODESDVDS
funny damn drunk dude by a redbox watch the VIDEO and get FREE redbox codes at the end... www .youtube.com/watch?v=j7MnpwBhfkQ?=NOCOSTCOUPONDVDS
"Welcome to the party, pal."
"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley."
"When am I gonna learn how to punch?"
"These go to eleven."
"Benjamin, have you ever been severely beaten about the face & neck?"
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."
"Jessica's got cable."
Fandango, the ultimate movie ticketing destination, is your source for movie tickets and movie times. Know before you go to the theater, watch HD movie trailers and videos in the highest quality available. Find movie reviews, theater listings, and detailed information about new and upcoming films. If you're interested in DVDs, visit our DVD section for reviews, movie photos, trailers, and more.
Copyright © 2013 Fandango. All rights reserved. Your Personal Box Office