Fandango Media, LLC
"Meet Guillermo Del Toro Sweepstakes"
Fandango’s “Meet Guillermo Del Toro” Sweepstakes - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Fandango’s “Meet Guillermo Del Toro” Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the forty-nine (49) United States or the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of June 11, 2010. All employees of Fandango, Inc. (“Sponsor”), HarperCollins Publishers LLC (“Prize Provider”), and Wiredset LLC and all associated agencies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 11:00 a.m. PT on June 11, 2010 and ends at 5:00 p.m. PT on September 20, 2010. (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted to this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: There are two (2) separate ways to enter this Sweepstakes: either through an Online Entry, or by Mail-In Entry (defined below in Section 4), or a combination thereof. However, entrants may only receive a maximum of four (4) total entries in this Sweepstakes regardless of the method of entry they choose. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than four (4) entries into this Sweepstakes, will result in such entrant being disqualified. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may submit an entry online (“Online Entry”) at www.fandango.com/sweepstakes/meetguillermodeltoro by entering your name, e-mail address, date of birth and clicking “Submit.” Participants who enter the Sweepstakes via Online Entry must first purchase or preorder The Fall: Book Two of the Strain Trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Entrants may also elect to sign up for one or more of the following optional free services, which will entitle entrant to an additional Online Entry per each enrollment: 1) Sign up to receive Fandango movie news 2) Sign up to receive text messages from Fandango on your mobile device and/or 3) Sign up to receive updates from Harper Collins. Potential Winners who entered the Sweepstakes via Online Entry must provide proof that they have purchased or preordered The Fall: Book Two of the Strain Trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan before submitting his/her Online Entry in order to validly claim any prize.
4. ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: You may enter the Sweepstakes without a purchase by printing your name, e-mail address, date of birth and the phrase “Fandango loves Guillermo Del Toro” on a standard-size postcard ("Mail-in Entry") and send to: Fandango’s “Meet Guillermo Del Toro” Sweepstakes Entries, c/o Fandango, Inc., 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064. Postcard entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and received by September 25, 2010 to be included within the random drawing. Mail-in Entrants will have the opportunity to receive no more than three (3) additional entries by stating on the postcard that entrant wishes to sign up for one or more of the optional free services listed in section 3 above (include mobile number if applicable).
5. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each potential Winner by accepting a Prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Winner.
6. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: The potential Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about September 27, 2010. The potential Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each potential Winner will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission; (2) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential Winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by October 31, 2010; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
7. PRIZES: One Grand Prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize Winner will receive the following: Round-trip coach airfare for two (2) to Los Angeles, California from an airport near the Grand Prize Winner’s residence (approximate retail value (“ARV”) up to $1,500 (USD)); a three (3) night hotel stay for winner and a guest in a standard double occupancy room at a Los Angeles area hotel to be selected by Prize Provider in its sole discretion (ARV up to $1,000.00 (USD)); and one (1) meet and greet with Guillermo Del Toro. ARV of Grand Prize is $2,500.00 (USD). Travel must be started in March 2011 (exact dates to be determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion). If prospective winner cannot travel on specified dates, another winner will be chosen
Three Runners-Up will each receive the following: One (1) copy of each of the three (3) novels in The Strain Trilogy, signed by both authors, Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan (ARV $75.00 (USD) each). Each novel in the Runner-Up prize will be delivered to the Runner-Up Prize Winners after its date of publication. Total combined ARV of all prizes is $2,725.00.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any prize package, and are solely the responsibility of each Prize Winner, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner’s residence and any airport of origin, travel insurance, parking fees, laundry service, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, ground transportation at destination, and meals. Trip must be completed by April 15, 2011. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary; Grand Prize Winner and guest will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability form prior to ticketing. Guest must be 18 or older unless the Grand Prize Winner is his/her parent/legal guardian.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Prize Provider’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Each prize will be awarded provided it is validly claimed by October 31, 2010, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prize awarded. All taxes on the prizes, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using prizes not listed in these rules are the sole responsibility of the winners.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes Entities’ websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Each Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, in whole or in part, by participating in this Sweepstakes or receipt, use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California. All taxes are the responsibility of each Prize Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Fandango’s “Meet Guillermo Del Toro” Sweepstakes” Official Rules/Winner List Request, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. VT residents may omit return postage.
12. SPONSOR: Fandango, Inc., 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064.