- Release Date: January 23, 2009
- Run Time: 2 hr 32 min
- Rating: PG-13 - intense sequences of violence and some menace
- Cast: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart
- Director: Christopher Nolan
- Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Suspense/Thriller
Synopsis: The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience will feature six sequences filmed with IMAX® cameras. This marks the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras, marking a revolutionary integration of the two film formats. The follow-up to the action hit Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne. In the new film, Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker.