Find Solutions By Topic
Yes, you can exchange or refund your entire order (except for the convenience fee in the case of a refund) through Fandango, MovieTickets.com, or Flixster, before the time of the show. Unfortunately, we can’t offer partial refunds. Click here for additional details.
Great news! Fandango customers now have the ability to self-process refunds even if you don’t have a Fandango VIP account. Please note that in order to receive an exchange, you’ll need to have a Fandango VIP account. To compete an exchange or refund before showtime, go to https://www.fandango.com/returns or click ‘Refund/Exchange Ticket(s)’ link on the bottom of the page. Again, you'll have to complete your refund or exchange before the posted showtime. For full terms and conditions, please see our Fandango Ticket Policy.
A refund of your order, in most cases, returns the cost of your ticket(s) back to your original payment method (e.g. credit card, PayPal, debit card), except for the convenience fee. Our tickets include a non-refundable convenience fee so that we can continue to provide movie fans with our service.
An exchange allows you to recoup both the cost of your ticket(s), as well as your convenience fee, in the form of a credit that may be used by you for a future movie ticket purchase through Fandango, MovieTickets.com, or Flixster. Please note that you need a Fandango VIP account to receive an exchange. It’s free to join. Click here to learn more.
Please note that for some orders, you may be asked to contact our Customer Service team or your theater to complete your refund. Some transactions might not qualify for a refund.
NOTE: If you used a promotional code during the transaction, the amount used from the promotional code will not be refunded or exchanged. Please click here for full terms and conditions.Was this helpful?Thanks for your feedback!
You can get a refund or exchange in several ways:
VIA YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL
- From your email confirmation, under the headline ‘refund/exchange ticket(s)
- The link will navigate you to a page to enter your email address and confirmation number.
- Select either refund or exchange and click on ‘continue’ (If you choose to do an exchange, you will be prompted to either sign into your account or create one so that we can store your credit).
- Then click on ‘complete’
- You should receive a confirmation page.
VIA OUR WEBSITE
Was this helpful?Thanks for your feedback!
- Go to https://www.fandango.com/returns or click ‘Refund/Exchange Ticket(s)’ link on the bottom of the page.
- Enter the email address used to make the purchase and the confirmation number.
- Choose whether you’d like a refund or an exchange.
- Depending on your selection, click on ‘complete my refund’ or ‘complete my exchange.’ Note: If you choose to exchange your order, you will be prompted to create an account if you do not already have one or to sign-in.
Unfortunately, we can’t offer partial refunds. If some of your party can’t make it, you may try refunding or exchanging your entire purchase and repurchasing the correct number of tickets.
NOTE: If you choose to exchange/refund your original order and repurchase, Fandango cannot guarantee that there will be tickets left, especially for high-demand films.Was this helpful?Thanks for your feedback!
Fandango Credits are dollar value balances that are deposited and stored within your Fandango VIP account after you make an exchange. These credits never expire and can be used towards any ticket purchase on Fandango.
You can use your Fandango Credits by logging in with your Fandango VIP account during checkout. Your Fandango Credit balance will automatically be applied towards your next purchase.
Have a Fandango promo code or gift card you want to use? No problem. You can still add promo codes and gift cards to your order and they will be applied before your Fandango Credit is applied. Please note that Fandango Credits cannot be transferred between Fandango VIP accounts.Was this helpful?Thanks for your feedback!
Need help with something else?View More Questions