Written March 29, 2015
This experience was EXCELLENT the whole way around !!!
Top Gun is even better in IMAX 3D !
go see it. bring your friends, wear your aviators, Top Gun hats and Leather jackets !
Written November 23, 2014
I've seen the old movie several times, but I still enjoyed the movie again with the 3D added.
The flying parts were especially good. The film still appeared grainy.
Written March 30, 2015
This movie was great to see in IMAX! As usual, most movies that were not designed for 3D do not gain from this addition. So, I say it was great to see it with IMAX but don't expect anything special with the 3D.
Written October 25, 2014
• Fun to see in the theatre again after first seeing Top Gun as a kid.
• Even having seen the movie dozens of times, seeing it again on the big screen revealed more details that I hadn't noticed before.
• Audio quality excellent, overshadows the 3D visuals.
• Not that I expected it to be but the 3D not that impressive at all. Would have been happy with just the big screen and the excellent audio.
• Worth seeing if TG one of your favorites!
Written March 06, 2015
Oh Yeah Baby! I loved the film, then and now. This movie captured the kick a** 80s and I got to see it again with my kids who were born after the original came out. They loved it, I loved it, we had a great time. The 3D was awesome. I don't know what the reviewers are dissing it for but the 3D in the flight scenes was great and the added depth to all the scenes was cool. It's not the kind of 3D that makes you sick though ~ This movie had the sexiest love scene (that I remember) being shown to date back then. Sweet and kinda innocent by comparison to even TV nowadays. Acting was great & we all know it launched a bunch of careers: Cruise, Kilmer, Ryan, McGillis, Rossovick (my hearthrob) framed within established actors like, Tom Skerrit & Anthony Edwards. Director Tony Scott~RIP~ followed his success with TOP GUN with a dozen greats.
Kids OK but there is the love scene & the, ahem, Cruise bun-hugger scene.
We all know the movie ending but it still gets you.