"Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Sweepstakes"
Fandango’s Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Sweepstakes - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Fandango’s Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of forty-nine (49) states of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Rhode Island, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January 27, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (defined below). All employees of Fandango, LLC (“Sponsor”), Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (“Warner Bros.”), and all associated agencies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, contractors, vendors, licensees or agents, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins as of 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on January 27, 2012 and ends as of 5:00 p.m. PT on February 20, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted pursuant to these Official Rules.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: There are two (2) separate ways to enter this Sweepstakes: either through an Online Entry (defined below), Mail-In Entry (defined below in Section 4), or a combination thereof. However, entrants may only receive up to five (5) total entries in this Sweepstakes regardless of the method of entry they choose. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than five (5) entries into this Sweepstakes will result in such entrant being disqualified. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may submit an entry online (“Online Entry”) at http://www.fandango.com/sweepstakes/journey2themysteriousisland (“Website”) by entering your name, e-mail address, date of birth and clicking “Submit.” Entrants will have the opportunity to receive up to four (4) additional entries by signing up for one (1) or more of the following optional free services: 1) Fandango movie news emails, and/or 2) text messages from Fandango on your mobile device (standard text messaging rates apply), and/or 3) email updates from Warner Bros., and/or 4) email updates from the Aqua Wellness Resort, or entrants may receive additional entries by repeating the Online Entry or completing the Mail-In Entry up to an additional four (4) times. Limit five (5) entries in total per person, per email address and per household during the Sweepstakes Period. Online Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the account or e-mail address through which the entry was submitted.
4. ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a standard-size postcard, either alone or in an envelope, with your name, e-mail address, date of birth and the phrase “Fandango Loves Journey 2: The Mysterious Island” to: Fandango’s Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Sweepstakes Entries, c/o Fandango, LLC, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064 (“Mail-in Entry”). Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and received by February 27, 2012 to be included within the random drawing. Mail-in entrants will have the opportunity to receive no more than four (4) additional entries by stating on his/her entry that entrant wishes to sign up for one or more of the free services listed in Section 3 above (one additional entry for each free service for which an entrant elects to enroll, if any), or entrants may receive up to four (4) additional entries by completing the Online Entry or repeating the Mail-In Entry up to an additional four (4) times. Limit five (5) entries in total per person, per email address and per household during the Sweepstakes Period. If a Mail-In entrant wishes to sign up to receive text messages from Fandango, such entrant should include his/her mobile number on the postcard. Illegible, late, lost, incomplete, garbled or postage due entries are not eligible.
5. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and the Grand Prize Winner by accepting a prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to publicize, broadcast, display and otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
6. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: One potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about February 28, 2012. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes. In the event that the potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate potential winner selected at random. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential prize winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential prize winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential prize winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after its transmission; (5) a potential prize winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by March 23, 2012; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize will consist of: Round-trip economy airfare from a major US airport near Grand Prize Winner’s residence for two (2) to Managua International Airport (MIG), Nicaragua, on TACA Airlines (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,600.00 (USD)); transportation to and from Managua International Airport in Nicaragua ($200.00 (USD)); three (3) nights in an Ocean View Penthouse for two (2) at Aqua Wellness Resort; three (3) breakfasts for two (2) at Aqua Wellness Resort; one (1) dinner for two (2) at Aqua Wellness Resort (Max Value $150.00 USD)); one (1) zip lining tour to Mombacho Volcano Day Trip for two (2); and access for two (2) to all yoga lessons and outdoor activities (surfing, kayaking, snorkeling) offered during the duration of Grand Prize Winner and Guest’s stay. Hotel package ARV $3,000.00. Total combined ARV of all prizes is four thousand six hundred dollars (ARV $4,600.00 (USD)). THE GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
Additional Grand Prize award details and travel information may be provided to the Grand Prize Winner at the time of Grand Prize notification. No portion of the Grand Prize will be replaced if lost or stolen, and the Grand Prize is nontransferable. Prize is not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Prize received. Grand Prize trip must be taken by December 31, 2012. The Grand prize winner and his/her travel companion (“Guest”) must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The Grand Prize is subject to seat and hotel availability. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any prize package, and are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: travel to and from airport of Grand Prize Winner’s departure, travel insurance, parking fees, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability form, which shall include all prize and travel-related details. Winner’s Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old. ARV of prize may vary depending on travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007 all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department's consular website at www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's website at www.dhs.gov.
THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES (INCLUDING EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM USE OR REDEMPTION OF THE PRIZE, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES SUSTAINED BY WINNER OR WINNER’S GUEST FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FROM ANY PART OF THE TRAVEL AND/OR ANY PART OF THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE(S) BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL.
Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, heirlooms, baggage, or other valuables related to or in connection with use of the Grand Prize. If the Grand Prize Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Grand Prize package due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Grand Prize award; or (2) at Sponsor's sole discretion extending the period during which the Grand Prize may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of the Grand Prize Winner's disability or illness, in which case certain prize components may not be available. The Grand Prize Winner must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and Grand Prize Winner at Sponsor's expense. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants waive the right to claim any damages against the Sweepstakes Entities whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions on the Website and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants waive the right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes itself. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may affect the administration of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select a prize winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with computer Sweepstakes information. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision; in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00), and in no event shall Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Grand Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Fandango’s Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Sweepstakes Official Rules/Winner List Request, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
12. SPONSOR: Fandango, LLC, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of this Sweepstakes.