"Green Lantern Trivia Sweepstakes"
Fandango’s Green Lantern Sweepstakes - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Fandango’s Green Lantern Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of forty-nine states of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Rhode Island, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of June 15, 2011, with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (defined below). All employees of Fandango LLC (“Sponsor”), Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Noir NY Inc., and Microsoft Corporation and all associated agencies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins as of 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on June 15, 2011 and ends as of 10:00 a.m. PT on June 21, 2011 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted pursuant to these Official Rules.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: There are two (2) separate ways to enter this Sweepstakes: either through an Online Entry (defined below) or by Mail-In Entry (defined below in Section 4). During the Sweepstakes Period, you may submit an entry online (“Online Entry”) at www.fandango.com/sweepstakes/greenlantern (“Sweepstakes Link”), by entering your name, e-mail address, date of birth, and your answer to the trivia question posted at the Sweepstakes Link and clicking “Submit.” Your eligibility is not based on answering the trivia question correctly.
4. ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a standard-size postcard, either alone or in an envelope, with your name, e-mail address, date of birth and the phrase “Fandango Loves Green Lantern” to: Fandango’s Green Lantern Sweepstakes Entries, c/o Fandango, LLC, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064 (“Mail-in Entry”). Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and received by June 28, 2011 to be included within the random drawing. Illegible, late, lost, incomplete, garbled or postage due entries are not eligible.
5. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and the Grand Prize Winner by accepting a prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to publicize, broadcast, display and otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
6. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received (both Online Entries and Mail-in Entries) on or about June 29, 2011. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes. In the event that a potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, award the applicable Grand Prize to an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner selected at random. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Prize Winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential prize winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential prize winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential prize winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after its transmission; (5) a potential prize winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by July 11, 2011; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
7. PRIZES: One (1) "Grand Prize" will be awarded to the "Grand Prize Winner,” which will consist of: One (1) ”Green Lantern” ring from nOir Jewelry for DC Comics Green Lantern (Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,000.00 (USD)) and one (1) Limited Edition “Green Lantern” Xbox 360 4GB Console, Green Lantern wrapped version (includes built-in wi-fi, a black wireless controller, a standard definition composite A/V cable, and comes with a free one-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership) (ARV $199.99). Total ARV of Grand Prize is one thousand one hundred ninety-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents ($1,199.99).
No portion of the Grand Prize will be replaced if lost or stolen, and the Grand Prize is nontransferable. Prize is not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes on the prize, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using any portion of the Grand Prize are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Prize received, if applicable. The Grand Prize will be shipped only to addresses in the United States.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes Entities’ websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may affect the administration of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select a prize winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with computer Sweepstakes information. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to $250.00, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Grand Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Fandango’s Green Lantern Sweepstakes Official Rules/Winner List Request, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
12. SPONSOR: Fandango, LLC, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064.