Written July 28, 2016
Great movie. Action scenes could've been better, but other than that, an awesome movie.
Acting, directing and plot were really good. A Must Go.
I don't think this would be a spoiler, but get ready for one of the best opening credits :)
Written August 01, 2015
A great return to the Bond movies of old. Great action, wonderful crazed villain, sexy ladies without explicit sex, and tongue frequently planted firmly in cheek. I also noted homage to a number of other thriller movies, from The French Connection, to Speed, to Die Hard, to Home Alone(!!), and some very definite references to the Bond movies of old. Good for all ages.
If you're a Bond fan, you already know it's a "can't miss". If not, this could well change your mind. Go see it.
Written February 10, 2016
Never have I seen a more entertaining bond movie. They brought back the old bond characters with a twist. They even bring back some old favorite gadgets for the end of the movie. You are always guessing where they'll take you scene to scene so it makes the movie quite a thrill ride. It's a must see.
Written July 29, 2016
Great movie.....we loved how they incorporated some of the old Bond elements while moving forward with Bond!! We loved the action and what a great villan!!
Written June 25, 2016
Let me paraphrase it for you:
- Bond returns to form (suave), but still manages to stay kick ass.
- Beautiful locations and cinematography (and women) will please the eye.
- AMAZING performance by Javier Bardem. AMAZING.
- One of the coolest (and deepest) Bond openings ever.
- Probably one of the best songs as well (thanks, Adelle)
- The subtle tie-ins to other Bonds really builds up the atmosphere of the movie and is just plain awesome.
- The style of Bond is back. I know it didn't go away, but this movie made me want to shop for Bond's clothes. And I actually checked the internet when I got home.
- All supporting characters do an amazing job. I don't think one character let their acting drop from an A+
Probably one of the biggest take aways from Skyfall is that it isn't just another good guy vs. bad guy movie. There's deep character development going on here from Bond trying to get over his fear of death to Silva's bipolar activities.
It's a must see.