Written December 01, 2015
Great movie.....we loved how they incorporated some of the old Bond elements while moving forward with Bond!! We loved the action and what a great villan!!
Written August 03, 2015
After enduring over 30 minutes of pre-movie trailers and promotions, Skyfall finally got moving. It's plot is good, but strung out. Each chase scene is too long and supported by repetitive music that cues you into believing the action is as intense as the orchestra's score. The Bond gimmicks are gone, leaving Daniel Craig on his own; this creates a Bond that is less reliant on the tools of his trade and more on his personal skills. In lieu of the typical Bond stuff, the movie returns to Bond themes of yesteryear, which are amusing at first, but a bit stretched as the movie reaches its end. The returns to the old Bond are all that makes this movie a Bond movie at all.
This is an introduction to a new Bond. I like what this movie promises, but I wish for the Bond gimmicks to return, along with a more Bond-ish villain with better development. This is a movie that is entertaining and stands well on its own; it's worth seeing. Just show up 20 minutes late.
Written October 13, 2015
2.75 out of 5 Stars for me. Enjoyed it. The setting of this double notch MI6Flick is today. There is tech involved, but this is one of the most un-tech Bond movies thus far. There's even a minimum of adult oriented content. If it wasn't Bond, it would be just another story weave of intrigue, car chase and action...sorta. The producers clearly decided to get rid of anything "Old-Bond"- Skyfall is clearly new Bond and post the Ian Fleming books.
I'd say it's an interim story refit. Next one(s) will hopefully be..more within the new groove this film set up.
Written January 30, 2015
Let me paraphrase it for you:
- Bond returns to form (suave), but still manages to stay kick ass.
- Beautiful locations and cinematography (and women) will please the eye.
- AMAZING performance by Javier Bardem. AMAZING.
- One of the coolest (and deepest) Bond openings ever.
- Probably one of the best songs as well (thanks, Adelle)
- The subtle tie-ins to other Bonds really builds up the atmosphere of the movie and is just plain awesome.
- The style of Bond is back. I know it didn't go away, but this movie made me want to shop for Bond's clothes. And I actually checked the internet when I got home.
- All supporting characters do an amazing job. I don't think one character let their acting drop from an A+
Probably one of the biggest take aways from Skyfall is that it isn't just another good guy vs. bad guy movie. There's deep character development going on here from Bond trying to get over his fear of death to Silva's bipolar activities.
It's a must see.
Written May 07, 2016
Finally the traditional Sean Conery 007 Theme music plays, as Craig takes over on the big screen as the new rising Bond character. It all comes together now. If you are the traditional Bond lover from Conery, to Moore films, you'll appreciate this movie. Enjoy.