Written January 30, 2015
Let me paraphrase it for you:
- Bond returns to form (suave), but still manages to stay kick ass.
- Beautiful locations and cinematography (and women) will please the eye.
- AMAZING performance by Javier Bardem. AMAZING.
- One of the coolest (and deepest) Bond openings ever.
- Probably one of the best songs as well (thanks, Adelle)
- The subtle tie-ins to other Bonds really builds up the atmosphere of the movie and is just plain awesome.
- The style of Bond is back. I know it didn't go away, but this movie made me want to shop for Bond's clothes. And I actually checked the internet when I got home.
- All supporting characters do an amazing job. I don't think one character let their acting drop from an A+
Probably one of the biggest take aways from Skyfall is that it isn't just another good guy vs. bad guy movie. There's deep character development going on here from Bond trying to get over his fear of death to Silva's bipolar activities.
It's a must see.
Written November 11, 2012
It was awesome. Lots of action. Great story. I loved the references to past James Bond movies and a very nice set up for the next Bond film.
Written December 01, 2014
I say so so as Daniel Craig is a fairly good actor and somewhat pleasing to watch. After all the hype to sell this movie, it was a letdown for sure. I fell asleep on and off after the opening sequence. I doubt I would go to see any more Bond films. Will wait for them to hit my movie channel at home. Waste of money at the theatre.......
Written November 29, 2014
Great movie.....we loved how they incorporated some of the old Bond elements while moving forward with Bond!! We loved the action and what a great villan!!
Written September 22, 2014
2.75 out of 5 Stars for me. Enjoyed it. The setting of this double notch MI6Flick is today. There is tech involved, but this is one of the most un-tech Bond movies thus far. There's even a minimum of adult oriented content. If it wasn't Bond, it would be just another story weave of intrigue, car chase and action...sorta. The producers clearly decided to get rid of anything "Old-Bond"- Skyfall is clearly new Bond and post the Ian Fleming books.
I'd say it's an interim story refit. Next one(s) will hopefully be..more within the new groove this film set up.