Written August 31, 2016
Great movie. Action scenes could've been better, but other than that, an awesome movie.
Acting, directing and plot were really good. A Must Go.
I don't think this would be a spoiler, but get ready for one of the best opening credits :)
Written February 10, 2016
Never have I seen a more entertaining bond movie. They brought back the old bond characters with a twist. They even bring back some old favorite gadgets for the end of the movie. You are always guessing where they'll take you scene to scene so it makes the movie quite a thrill ride. It's a must see.
Written July 29, 2016
Great movie.....we loved how they incorporated some of the old Bond elements while moving forward with Bond!! We loved the action and what a great villan!!
Written January 22, 2017
After enduring over 30 minutes of pre-movie trailers and promotions, Skyfall finally got moving. It's plot is good, but strung out. Each chase scene is too long and supported by repetitive music that cues you into believing the action is as intense as the orchestra's score. The Bond gimmicks are gone, leaving Daniel Craig on his own; this creates a Bond that is less reliant on the tools of his trade and more on his personal skills. In lieu of the typical Bond stuff, the movie returns to Bond themes of yesteryear, which are amusing at first, but a bit stretched as the movie reaches its end. The returns to the old Bond are all that makes this movie a Bond movie at all.
This is an introduction to a new Bond. I like what this movie promises, but I wish for the Bond gimmicks to return, along with a more Bond-ish villain with better development. This is a movie that is entertaining and stands well on its own; it's worth seeing. Just show up 20 minutes late.
Written June 25, 2016
Let me paraphrase it for you:
- Bond returns to form (suave), but still manages to stay kick ass.
- Beautiful locations and cinematography (and women) will please the eye.
- AMAZING performance by Javier Bardem. AMAZING.
- One of the coolest (and deepest) Bond openings ever.
- Probably one of the best songs as well (thanks, Adelle)
- The subtle tie-ins to other Bonds really builds up the atmosphere of the movie and is just plain awesome.
- The style of Bond is back. I know it didn't go away, but this movie made me want to shop for Bond's clothes. And I actually checked the internet when I got home.
- All supporting characters do an amazing job. I don't think one character let their acting drop from an A+
Probably one of the biggest take aways from Skyfall is that it isn't just another good guy vs. bad guy movie. There's deep character development going on here from Bond trying to get over his fear of death to Silva's bipolar activities.
It's a must see.