Written August 30, 2015
We are huge fans of the 007 movies; and this one definitely lived up to the role! It was a great thrill seeking action movie; just what you'd expect with Bond, only with a few new twists to keep you guessing and anxious to see the conclusion! Job well done! This is yet another film that will be added to our collection for sure!
Written January 30, 2015
Let me paraphrase it for you:
- Bond returns to form (suave), but still manages to stay kick ass.
- Beautiful locations and cinematography (and women) will please the eye.
- AMAZING performance by Javier Bardem. AMAZING.
- One of the coolest (and deepest) Bond openings ever.
- Probably one of the best songs as well (thanks, Adelle)
- The subtle tie-ins to other Bonds really builds up the atmosphere of the movie and is just plain awesome.
- The style of Bond is back. I know it didn't go away, but this movie made me want to shop for Bond's clothes. And I actually checked the internet when I got home.
- All supporting characters do an amazing job. I don't think one character let their acting drop from an A+
Probably one of the biggest take aways from Skyfall is that it isn't just another good guy vs. bad guy movie. There's deep character development going on here from Bond trying to get over his fear of death to Silva's bipolar activities.
It's a must see.
Written October 07, 2015
Right from the beginning I felt like I was missing something about our hero Bond, what happened to him. The action was none stop intense, I had to remind myself to breath. As always, intense situations, oh those fears of heights. It is another Bond movie that has broken away into its own format, yet there are always reminders of the past. Great movie, but it will take about three viewings before I have seen everything that is going on. Great action movie for the kids as well. If you love Bond, this is another must see!
Written November 11, 2012
It was awesome. Lots of action. Great story. I loved the references to past James Bond movies and a very nice set up for the next Bond film.
Written December 01, 2014
I say so so as Daniel Craig is a fairly good actor and somewhat pleasing to watch. After all the hype to sell this movie, it was a letdown for sure. I fell asleep on and off after the opening sequence. I doubt I would go to see any more Bond films. Will wait for them to hit my movie channel at home. Waste of money at the theatre.......