Written August 23, 2014
I say so so as Daniel Craig is a fairly good actor and somewhat pleasing to watch. After all the hype to sell this movie, it was a letdown for sure. I fell asleep on and off after the opening sequence. I doubt I would go to see any more Bond films. Will wait for them to hit my movie channel at home. Waste of money at the theatre.......
Written November 23, 2014
I've seen most of the Bond films -- I"m not a huge fan of the blow 'em up action genres, but I have enjoyed Bond in the past. He had style -- usually suave, with a twinkle in his eye, always in control, never ruffled. This Bond is dour, humorless, without personality. And the movie is entirely predictable. Barely a plot, it's just a bunch of ways to kill Bond strung together -- except how excited can we get about that -- we KNOW he's not really going to die. This round, they actually ran out of novel way to kill him -- they had to drown him twice! Good visuals, good action sequences, but not very many of them -- there was ALOT of talking in this movie -- just endless expositional talking. Some beautiful women, but no sexiness. The whole movie just seemed forced.
Written September 16, 2014
this was a bit of an unusual Bond movie. Plenty of explosions, fights, etc as always, but the tone was different. no hints but this is one of the best.
Written September 22, 2014
2.75 out of 5 Stars for me. Enjoyed it. The setting of this double notch MI6Flick is today. There is tech involved, but this is one of the most un-tech Bond movies thus far. There's even a minimum of adult oriented content. If it wasn't Bond, it would be just another story weave of intrigue, car chase and action...sorta. The producers clearly decided to get rid of anything "Old-Bond"- Skyfall is clearly new Bond and post the Ian Fleming books.
I'd say it's an interim story refit. Next one(s) will hopefully be..more within the new groove this film set up.
Written October 30, 2014
Let me paraphrase it for you:
- Bond returns to form (suave), but still manages to stay kick ass.
- Beautiful locations and cinematography (and women) will please the eye.
- AMAZING performance by Javier Bardem. AMAZING.
- One of the coolest (and deepest) Bond openings ever.
- Probably one of the best songs as well (thanks, Adelle)
- The subtle tie-ins to other Bonds really builds up the atmosphere of the movie and is just plain awesome.
- The style of Bond is back. I know it didn't go away, but this movie made me want to shop for Bond's clothes. And I actually checked the internet when I got home.
- All supporting characters do an amazing job. I don't think one character let their acting drop from an A+
Probably one of the biggest take aways from Skyfall is that it isn't just another good guy vs. bad guy movie. There's deep character development going on here from Bond trying to get over his fear of death to Silva's bipolar activities.
It's a must see.