Written September 02, 2012
Just enjoy the images you see and don't think...it's art using real footage rather than a documentary.
Written January 26, 2015
I never recommend movies, but this film is different. It is humbling, mind-expanding, terrifying, and stunningly beautiful all at the same time. The faint-of-heart should still attend, but take the same precautions as they would with a horror film: look away when you need a break from the intensity. However, 90% of the film will be just too visually compelling and wonderful to even think about taking your eyes away. And for those who don't flinch, the other 10% is not "horror" in that it's very real images of things which are happening in the world, and it therefore provides valuable insight into your reality.
A must see for anyone of 98.6 degrees.
Written September 18, 2012
Had seen many of the images/places before this film. Was dissappointed in the focus on womens busts in Africa. Whats with that? I missed the point there i guess.
I did enjoy the Asian factory farm scenes. They were sterile w. little blood and guts. USA could learn a lesson there. Less trauma for the workers.
I liked the timed exposures and beautiful landscapes.
Written October 20, 2012
The follow up to Baraka is a perfect dose of serenity after a hectic NYC day.
Written February 13, 2016
You just have to go see it. There is really no accurate way to describe the mental/visual experience. A film you will not forget.