- Release Date: August 31, 2012
- Run Time: 1 hr 31 min
- Rating: PG-13 - Violent Images, Sensuality, Some Drug Content and Smoking
- Cast: Mathieu Amalric, Édouard Baer, Maria de Medeiros
- Directors: Marjane Satrapi, Vincent Paronnaud
- Genre: Art House/Foreign, Drama
Synopsis: Teheran, 1958. Since his beloved violin was broken, Nasser Ali Khan, one of the most renowned musicians of his day, has lost all taste for life. Finding no instrument worthy of replacing it, he decides to confine himself to bed to await death. As he hopes for its arrival, he plunges into deep reveries, with dreams as melancholic as they are joyous, taking him back to his youth and even to a conversation with Azrael, the Angel of Death, who reveals the future of his children... As pieces of the puzzle gradually fit together, the poignant secret of his life comes to light: a wonderful story of love that inspired his genius and his music.
Note: Film is presented in French with English subtitles.