- Release Date: September 4, 2009
- Run Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Rating: R - violence, sexual content, nudity and language
- Cast: Gerard Butler, Michael C. Hall, Amber Valletta
- Directors: Mark Neveldine, Brian Taylor
- Genre: Action/Adventure, Suspense/Thriller
Synopsis: "Gamer" is a high-concept action thriller set in a near future when gaming and entertainment have evolved into a terrifying new hybrid. Humans control other humans in mass-scale, multi-player online games: people play people...for keeps. Mind-control technology is widespread, and at the heart of the controversial games is its creator, reclusive billionaire Ken Castle (Michael C. Hall). His latest brainchild, the first-person shooter game "Slayers," allows millions to act out their most savage fantasies online in front of a global audience, using real prisoners as avatars with whom they fight to the death. Kable(Gerard Butler) is the superstar and cult hero of the ultraviolent "Slayers." Kable is controlled by Simon, a young gamer with rock star status who continues to defy all odds by guiding Kable to victory each week.