- Release Date: December 12, 1972
- Run Time: 1 hr 57 min
- Rating: PG - Not Rec. for Young Children
- Cast: Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, Shelley Winters
- Directors: Ronald Neame, Irwin Allen
- Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama, Suspense/Thriller
Synopsis: Director Ronald Neame and producer Irwin Allen's literally titanic disaster epic features a Who's Who of acting talent – Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, Red Buttons, Carol Lynley, Jack Albertson, Roddy McDowall, Stella Stevens and more -- all doing their best to stay alive in the hellish inferno of capsized ocean liner, the S.S. Poseidon. Special kudos to Shelley Winters for her unforgettably ballsy performance, and to special effects expert L.B. Abbott and stunt coordinator Paul Stader for some of the most spectacular disaster scenes in movie history, including the famous upside-down Ballroom.