Time to catch up on all the big movie news and trailer that we haven't covered yet this week.
1. You can scratch Armie Hammer off the list of potential actors to play Batman in the new Batman/Superman team-up coming in a couple of years. Here's what Hammer told Metro UK about the rumor:
2. Thought you saw the last of Taylor Lautner with the Twilight Saga coming to a close last year? Think again. Lautner is attached to play the title character in the adaptation of Mattel's Max Steel toy line.
3. We know Machete don't text and Machete don't Tweet. So what does he do? Kick some serious butt in the latest Machete Kills trailer featuring Sofia Vergara, Amber Heard and president Charlie Sheen.
4. Looks like Warner Bros. isn't going to let that Akira reboot die after all. After halting production last year due to budget issues, the studio is eyeing a spring 2014 date to begin filming.
5. Speaking of Warner Bros., the studio is in talks with Chinese directing icon Zhang Yimou to helm an adaptation of The Hunchback of Notre Dame titled Quasimodo. Josh Brolin has been attached to the project for two years.
6. Johnny Knoxville is back! The Jackass star brings twisted senior citizen Bad Grandpa to the big screen. Check out the first trailer below and head over to the official site to create your own GIF from the movie.
7. More director musical chairs. Underworld director Len Wiseman has dropped out of helming The Mummy reboot due to a scheduling conflict (he's currently filming the pilot episode for the TV adaptation of Sleepy Hollow).
8. The Spectacular Now star Miles Teller has emerged as the front-runner to play Mr. Fantastic in Josh Trank and Fox's reboot of The Fantastic Four franchise. Michael B. Jordan and Alison Williams are also rumored for roles in the movie.
9. Universal is in final talks with David Yates to direct a remake of Scarface. Yes, that Scarface. Yates is perhaps best known for directing that last four films in the Harry Potter franchise.
10. If you're a fan of Cyclops, then James Marsden just crushed any glimmer of hope you might have had of the superhero appearing in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
11. CBS passed on a Beverly Hills Cop TV series as did every other network that the producers shopped it at. So of course now it's be re-vamped into a fourth movie in the franchise.
12. Universal drops the first trailer for Peter Berg's war-themed drama Lone Survivor starring Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch, Eric Bana and Tim Riggins Taylor Kitsch.
13. Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning to reprise his role as Conan the Barbarian in a new film. That we already knew. Now rumor has it that it may not be just one movie, but a new trilogy!
14. Did you know Matt Damon was not the first choice to play the lead role in Elysium. Instead, director Neill Blomkamp had asked Eminem to play the role, but the rapper turned down the offer.
15. We're the Millers drops its pants and a few naughty words to go along with a new NSFW red band trailer.
Follow @DerrickDeane Follow @Fandango
Only news that excites me is Taylor Lautner as Max Stelle. Let's see what he can do with this superhero and I've been a minor fan of him since Sharkboy and Lavagirl 8 years ago
"Welcome to the party, pal."
"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley."
"When am I gonna learn how to punch?"
"These go to eleven."
"Benjamin, have you ever been severely beaten about the face & neck?"
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."
"Jessica's got cable."
Fandango, the ultimate movie ticketing destination, is your source for movie tickets and movie times. Know before you go to the theater, watch HD movie trailers and videos in the highest quality available. Find movie reviews, theater listings, and detailed information about new and upcoming films. If you're interested in DVDs, visit our DVD section for reviews, movie photos, trailers, and more.
Copyright © 2013 Fandango. All rights reserved. Your Personal Box Office