Welcome back to another round of You Pick the Hottest Story of the Week – the game that gives you the five biggest movie-related news stories from the past week, and then asks you to vote on which one you think has the guts and glory to be handed the top spot. So what stood out this week? Let's take a look …
You Pick the Hottest Story of the Week
1. Stephenie Meyer's The Host to Become a Movie – The world was shocked to learn that Twilight author Stephenie Meyer actually wrote something that didn't have to do with hot, muscle-bound teenage vampires and werewolves fighting over the love of human girls. Her freaky adult sci-fi book The Host was picked up, and will become a film that may or may not eventually star Kristen Stewart. [Read More]
2. Nicolas Cage as Superman – An image of Nicolas Cage in a Superman costume arrived online earlier this week, and some folks claimed it was in fact a screenshot taken back in the late 90s when Warner Bros. was working on a Superman movie starring the actor. Others thought it looked like a bad photoshop job, with Cage's head on the body of an action figure. [Read More]
3. Johnny Depp Iffy on Pirates 4 – Late last week Hollywood was hit with the news that Disney chairman Dick Cook was leaving his position after 38 years of service. Among those disheartened by the news was Johnny Depp, who credits Cook with keeping him in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise for going on four movies now. With Cook out of the picture, Depp could ditch the fourth installment completely. [Read More]
4. James Bond and The Hobbit in Trouble – According to reports, MGM is having some giant money problems right now – so much so that they may be forced into bankruptcy, leaving franchises like James Bond and The Hobbit open for anyone to pick up. Does that mean we'll never see either on the big screen? No. Will they be delayed significantly and perhaps re-casted? Yes. [Read More]
5. Shirtless New Moon images – Tween girls everywhere swooned their little hearts out when The LA Times revealed a set of 30 brand new behind-the-scenes image from the set of The Twilight Saga: New Moon, including some shots of a shirtless Taylor Lautner. (Do these guys ever wear clothes?) [Read More]
Okay Fandango Fanatics – now it's your turn. Sound off below on which of these five stories you think is the hottest of the week.
Like it? Share it:
Erik DavisFandango Bloggers
Erik is a leading movie commentator who has worked for outlets such as AOL Moviefone and Movies.com.