TGIF is right! It’s been a long, tiring week of movie news, and while we get ready to head into another fun-filled weekend of summer movies and summer fun, let’s recap the biggest stories from this week and help pick which one we think is the hottest.
1. First Image of Mickey Rourke in Iron Man 2 – The first image of Mickey Rourke as the villain Whiplash in Iron Man 2 arrived online a few days ago, and though he wasn’t exactly fitted in the most glamorous of costumes, the guy definitely looked ready to do damage.
2. Full House: The Movie – The entire country collectively rolled their eyes when John Stamos told the New York Daily News that he’s been mulling over ideas for a potential big-screen adaptation of his old TV show Full House (ya know – the show that first gave us those adorable Olsen twins). Our fingers are crossed that this doesn’t become a reality.
3. Disney/Pixar Planning Monsters, Inc. 2 – Now that Pixar seem to be dipping into the sequel bin with a third installment planned for Toy Story and a second installment planned for Cars, it only seems right to give Monsters, Inc. the sequel treatment, too – which is exactly what appears to be going on, as reports surfaced claiming Monsters, Inc. (and Up) director Pete Docter was already working on ideas.
4. Bradley Cooper and Liam Neeson Join The A-Team – Fans of the 80s TV show The A-Team were no doubt excited to hear that casting was finally underway for the big-screen adaptation, though some (like myself) kinda did a double take when it was reported that Liam Neeson was in talks to play Hannibal. A strange choice indeed, though Bradley Cooper as Faceman makes a whole lot more sense.
5. Megan Fox to Maybe Play Buffy in Big-Screen Vampire Slayer Remake – Though this mega rumor has since been squashed, it was fun for awhile to imagine Megan Fox as the new Buffy in an action-packed Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot. Man, she can stick a stake through my heart any day of the week …
Okay, now you pick ‘em. Which of these do you think is the hottest story of the week?