Welcome to a brand new feature here on the Freshly Popped blog where every Friday I count down the five hottest stories of the week and then throw it over to you to tell us which one you think is most worthy of the title Hottest Story of the Week.
1. David Carradine Found Dead in Bangkok – Yesterday morning the movie world was shocked to learn that actor David Carradine was found dead in Bangkok of an apparent accidental suicide. Carradine, who comes from a family full of actors, is probably most remembered for his role in the TV series Kung Fu, though throughout his career he made over 200 appearances in TV and film. He was 72.
2. Alien Remake Planned – Earlier this week it was announced that 20th Century Fox was working with Ridley Scott and Tony Scott on producing an Alien prequel that wouldn't necessarily serve as a franchise reboot unless the film just torches the box office. Commercial director Carl Rinsch is set to helm.
3. New Moon Trailer Debuts – The first trailer for The Twilight Saga: New Moon debuted on Sunday night on MySpace in conjunction with the MTV Movie Awards, and fans seemed to devour it whole. Bella and Edward look hotter than ever, but will director Chris Weitz prove a better fit for the franchise versus Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke?
4. New Scream Trilogy in Development – Towards the middle of the week, news broke that Kevin Williamson (Scream, Scream 2) was actively working on a new Scream trilogy that would include characters from the original franchise. Though there was no word on Neve Campbell's involvement, Williamson has approached both David Arquette and Courtney Cox-Arquette about reprising their roles.
5. Josh Brolin as Jonah Hex – The first image of Josh Brolin as Jonah Hex hit the net, and never before had I seen someone channel Clint Eastwood as well as Brolin in those photos. Based on the popular comic series, Brolin plays a deranged bounty hunter trying to hunt down a voodoo practitioner hell-bent on unleashing an army of the undead.
Now it's your turn to tell us which story you think is the hottest of the week. Sound off in our poll below…