Natalie Portman spoke about a grittier Thor sequel while Evangeline Lilly shared a top-10 trivia list about her character Tauriel from the upcoming Hobbit movies.
Natalie Portman Teases "Gritty" Thor Sequel
We've seen Natalie Portman's Jane Foster smack Loki across the face for all the chaos he brought down on New York in The Avengers. Speaking with Hitfix at this past weekend's Disney D23 Expo, Portman talked about her character being a "stranger in a strange land," and the darker tone Marvel is taking with the sequel.
"It's much grittier I think because they chose to shoot in real places much of the time. A lot of the villains' world was shot in Iceland, so it looks like real places as opposed to some [place] drawn on a computer. It's a lot darker in tone maybe, but still quite epic and entertaining."
Evangeline Lilly Drops The Hobbit Top-10 List
The second installment of Peter Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy is due in theaters in four months. Star Evangeline Lilly plays Tauriel, an elf who was created by director Peter Jackson specifically for the movie. Lilly shared a top-10 list of trivia about her character from the movie on her Facebook page. Here's a partial list.
- Tauriel in 3 words: selfless, ruthless, passionate
- Once in a stunt scene, I shot my own elf ear right off!
- Speaking Elvish feels very sensual to me. Elegant, graceful, powerful.
- Hair and make-up took 2-2 ½ hours in the morning. Not bad compared to the orcs' 5 hours!
- Most difficult part of playing an Elf: the movement. Learning to move like an elf after years of moving like a fugitive.
Are you excited to see Tauriel in The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug when it arrives in theaters December 13?