Yeah, sure, you've already seen Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner making the rounds on the talk show circuit, but what you haven't seen (or heard) is what happened when our super stealthy Fandango reporter Trey Alexander was given a backstage pass for the super secret New Moon press room. Think you've heard it all before? Think again. Check out some of the highlights from our interviews with Bella, Edward, Jacob and the man behind the camera this time around, director Chris Weitz.
Top 8 Quotes from Our Fantabulous 'New Moon' Cast Interviews
1. On Twilight Versus New Moon: "I saw the movie [NEW MOON] the other day and I like it a lot; it's a lot easier to promote – not that I didn't like TWILIGHT… [but] there were so many different pressures pulling in every direction…and now, after the first one came out, you see [who] the audience is…you know exactly what you're delivering…."
2. On How He Prepared for the "Dumping Bella" Scene: "I didn't want Edward to seem just like a complete a**hole about it – being completely cruel to her just to get rid of her…but I suddenly realized that everything he's saying to her is the truth."
1. On Playing Bella for a Second Time Around: "It's a cool opportunity – it's rare – to be able to explore a character further than I'm used to - I usually get 6 weeks [to explore a character] and then you're done."
2. On Her Initial Appearances Promoting Twilight: "I was so initially aware that people cared about what I had to say…about something they cared so much about…[So] when I tried to articulate [my thoughts], I was so uber-over-analytical about everything, [thinking,] 'God, I hope I'm saying the right thing'…and instantly, the second that's all you're worrying about, you're going to say the wrong thing."
1. On Kristen Stewart: "We have a relationship that's very similar to Jake and Bella… I personally love Jake & Bella's relationship… how it develops from being best friends into more than friends."
2. On Surviving the Grueling Production: "It takes a lot of hard work just to keep it up; it's just as hard to maintain it as it is to put it on…especially, when you're filming 16-hour days, when do you get into the gym? When do you eat during the day? When you're walking back from a set to your trailer…you can't look in that direction [of the craft services/catering table]…you just can't… you gotta take a different route!"
DIRECTOR CHRIS WEITZ
1. On His Cast: "I think Kristen is exceptional, a transcendent actress – and Rob is too – he's just much more sort of shy, modest and mumble-y about it. And there was the flowering of Taylor as an actor – not just that he bulked up for the part – but he was willing to go to places which we hadn't seen him go to in the first film."
2. On the Fans: "I feel a responsibility to the fans. They wait and wait and they hope that they get a good version of this book. I'm probably more nervous now - after everyone is asking me [this week] if I'm nervous - than I was at any other point [while shooting the movie.]"
Like it? Share it:
Erik DavisFandango Bloggers
Erik is a leading movie commentator who has worked for outlets such as AOL Moviefone and Movies.com.