At first glance it might be kind of hard to imagine someone would want to endure over 15 hours of consecutive Marvel movies leading up to the midnight showing on The Avengers in 3D.
AMC Theaters announced today that it is adding more shows at participating locations for their May 3rd event which features six Marvel movies, screening in this order – Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor in 3D, Captain America: The First Avenger 3D and The Avengers 3D. The price for the marathon of movies is $40 and includes an event lanyard and limited edition Avengers character RealD 3D glasses, while supplies last. The marathon begins at 11:30 a.m.
According to AMC, the following ten theaters have sold out:
- AMC Empire 25 in New York
- AMC Downtown Disney in Anaheim, CA
- Orlando AMC Sunset Place 24
- Miami AMC Downtown Disney
- AMC Burbank 16 in Los Angeles
- AMC Ontario Mills 30 in Los Angeles
- Loews Boston Common 19
- AMC Garden State 16 in New Jersey
- AMC Loews Metreon 16 in San Francisco
- AMC Courtney Park in Toronto
You can jump over to the AMC site to find out the nearest theater that is hosting the marathon. I'll also be covering the event and live Tweeting between features.
Are you participating in this marathon day of movies and which Marvel film (besides Avengers) are you most looking forward to seeing on the big screen again?