Chemistry between actors is a tough thing to find, especially when they’re asked to play fictional lovers. To get an idea, simply imagine being asked to make out with a dude or dudette who you’ve never even met – and, furthermore, imagine having to pretend you're married. Yup, not an easy task, and either the spark is there or it isn’t. While the majority of movie couples make it all look believable, some just look better together than others – and so for this week’s Friday Five, I decided to come up with a group of folks who I thought should pair up romantically on the big screen at some point in the near future.
1. Miley Cyrus and Zac Efron: Oh, c’mon – you know this has to happen eventually! Sure, they’re a few years apart in age right now, but give it a little bit – around the time they hit their mid-20s – and you know Miley and Zac, two of Disney’s biggest stars ever, will totally look fantastic together. Remember this now: I bet these two star in the year’s biggest romantic comedy once we hit, say, 2015.
2. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston: We all know these two probably wouldn’t go near each other if their lives depended on it, but do you know how much money a film starring the two of them would make? Not to mention they’d look absolutely great together on screen, and, heck, throw Angelina Jolie in there as a third wheel and you’ve got the biggest grossing film of the year…easy.
3. Jamie Kennedy and Jennifer Love Hewitt: The hottest real-life celebrity couple of the moment seems to be Kennedy and Love Hewitt (who like to go by the name of Jennedy) – so why not see what their off-screen chemistry looks like on screen? These two seem perfect for a romantic comedy featuring two lovers from opposite sides of the tracks, right? May as well strike while the iron is hot…
4. Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie: They’re two of the hottest performers of our generation, so why not watch them pair up on screen together and see what happens? I’m sensing some sort of international spy drama, or a fantastical sci-fi romance directed by Tim Burton – where Jolie is entirely motion-capture and all of Depp’s scenes are in 3D. I’d buy a ticket to that.
5. Tina Fey and Anna Faris: Throwing a little curveball at you here, because I’d absolutely love to see the two funniest ladies in Hollywood pair up on screen in some capacity, either as best friends, mortal enemies or lovers (that’d make for one helluva funny flick, in my opinion).
Now it’s your turn: Which two actors or actresses would you like to see paired up on screen together?