Smurfette, Clumsy, Grouchy and Vanity are Smurfs we know and love, but two new Smurfs make an appearance in The Smurfs 2: Party Planner Smurf and Social Smurf, both of whom showed off their talents this week at The Smurfs 2 party at Sony Pictures.
Yep, Smurfs know how to party! Here are Party Planner Smurf's tips to throwing a super-fun event:
1. Start with an amazing guest list. Papa Smurf was in attendance as was Aubrey Anderson-Emmons, better known as Lily from ABC's Modern Family, as well as some hundred Smurf-loving kids.
2. Don't invite troublemakers. Gargamel and his cat Azreal were nowhere to be seen... at least, until the movie started!
3. Incorporate a theme. The launch of The Smurfs 2 was a great reason to celebrate!
4. Serve food connected to the theme. Blue cupcakes, Smurfberry juice, fruit sticks featuring blueberries and, best of all, Menchie's Smurfberry frozen yogurt were the delicious desserts offered - we all ate until we were literally blue in the face!
5. Offer fun activities. In The Smurfs 2, Gargamel kidnaps Smurfette and takes her back to his home to try and capture her "Smurfessence." Party attendees were able to paint their own ceramic Smurfette from Color Me Mine... so we all took home our own Smurfette!
6. Do something kidtastic that you couldn't do anywhere else. Something magical exists about the vending machine where you put in a quarter, twist the knob, and get a prize. The only thing that could make that experience more happy and more magical is if you didn't have to put in a quarter! Two-year-old Tate is pretty smart: he kept coming back to get another prize!
7. Have a big wvent. Just like breaking the pinata or singing happy birthday, every great party needs the big moment that everyone is anticipating. In this case, it couldn't be better: an advanced screening of The Smurfs 2!
8. Blow their minds with awesome goody bags. A great goody bag is more than just a thank you for coming to the party, it's a way to remember what a great time they had. Party Planner Smurf went above and beyond with every kid taking home The Smurfs 2 video game (available on ALL consoles), a stuffed animal Smurf of their own, The Smurfs 2: The Smurfs in Paris book, a coloring and activity book, stickers, a Smurfs puzzle, a Naughty and Nice Smurf T-shirt, balloons (not just one, six!), a Buddy Fruit for the ride home and a huge pack of blueberries straight from Smurfberry Farms! Goody bags don't get better than this.
One thing is reliable about Smurfs: when they're around, you're guaranteed to have a smurfy good time!
See The Smurfs 2 starting this Wednesday, July 31... and you can share the Smurf spirit on Twitter by tweeting to @SocialSmurf. Meet Social Smurf in our exclusive Q&A, too!
Check out KidsPickFlicks.com...where all kids are movie critics!
Tate checks out MegaBlok Smurf
Riley and Paiton creating Smurfessence care of Color Me Mine
Riley and Paiton are all sugared up and ready for the movie.
Swag Bag Smurf leaves his mark!