San Diego Comic-Con released its schedule for preview night (Wednesday) and the first day of panels on Thursday. Leading up to the announcement, we had a good idea of which films and stars would be appearing, but not when. You can scroll through the full Wednesday night/Thursday schedule on the official Comic-Con site, but here are the highlights:
- Hall H panels begin at 12:45p.m. with Breaking Dawn – Part II, followed by Disney's panel featuring Frankenweenie, Wreck-It Ralph and Oz: The Great and Powerful. Following Disney is Jackie Chan's CZ12 and the day wraps with The Expendables 2 cast.
- DreamWorks Animation will host a panel in the Indigo Ballroom from 11:15 a.m.-noon. Hotel Transylvania will follow later in the day for an hour-long panel beginning at 3p. A Wilfred screening and Q&A with Elijah Wood will take place at 4p.
- Masters of the Web goes down in Room 24ABC and will feature moderator Karl Urban and other stars from Dredd. Panelists include our own Grae Drake and Erik Davis along with Mike Sampson (ScreenCrush), Jen Yamato (MovieLine) Mali Elfman (ScreenCrave) Jenna Busch (Cocktails with Stan Lee), Steve Weintraub (Collider) and Edward Douglas (ComingSoon.net)
- Inside The Batmobile, 7p.m., Room 6DE, will feature a 22-minute sneak peek at an upcoming documentary about the iconic vehicle.
- Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope will have its SDCC premiere with Q&A with director Morgan Spurlock and special surprise guests (that means Stan Lee or Joss Whedon might drop by). The screening runs from 8:30p.m.-10:30p.m. in Ballroom 20
Now that you've seen The Avengers in theaters, it's time to get hyped up for the Marvel Phase One Blu-Ray Collection. Here's the first of what will surely be several trailers promoting the collection.
If you've been wondering what ever happened to Cuba Gooding Jr., he's been cashing a steady feed of paychecks making direct-to-DVD movies. His latest is One in the Chamber, opposite Dolph Lundgren and a new trailer has arrived. This gem will arrive on DVD/Blu-Ray August 21.
Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection opens Friday during a busy weekend. Check out our cast interview featuring Perry talking about working with Eugene Levy and Doris Roberts and Romeo Miller, Denise Richards and Levy talking about playing in the Tyler Perry sandbox.
Magic Mike consists of 61% of our ticket sales as it gets ready to open at midnight nationwide. Before you head out to watch Channing Tatum and the fellas shake their money-maker, take a look at our cast interviews. Why? Because you'll find out what Channing, Alex Pettyfer and Matthew McConaughey's stripper theme song would be and Adam Rodriguez and Matt Bomer discuss dancing in their underwear.
The first trailer and poster for Sundance hit The Sessions has arrived. Back when it was at the Sundance Film Festival, it went by the title, The Surrogates, then changed to Six Sessions before settling on the much blander The Sessions. The film tells the story of a 38-year-old virgin (John Hawkes) who is confined to an iron lung due to a childhood battle with polio. He decides it's time to lose his virginity and hires Helen Hunt to do the deed. Co-starring William H. Macy and Moon Bloodgood, the film opens October 26.
We'll have to wait until Comic-Con to know for sure, but Latino-Review reports that Marvel's other 2014 movie (besides Captain America 2) has been revealed and it's Guardians of the Galaxy. Of course, this is the same site who a couple weeks ago reported that the other movie would be The Black Panther. [Latino-Review]
Finally, Big Bang heroes.