Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro are headed back to the boxing ring. No, Rocky Balboa won't be trading face shots with Jake LaMotta. The actors are in talks to star in a comedy about two retired boxers who return to the ring for one final grudge match. Peter Segal, whose credits include Anger Management and Tommy Boy, will direct. This seems ripe for another Mike Tyson cameo. [TheWrap]
If you thought we'd seen a majority of Prometheus in the constant flood of clips, featurettes and whatnot, here are four, yes, FOUR new clips, strung together. Prometheus opens June 8.
Twentieth Century Fox has announced the full voice cast for their latest CG 3D animated film, titled Epic. The movie, which tells the story about an ongoing battle deep in a forest between forces of good and evil, will include Beyonce Knowles, Colin Farrell, Josh Hutcherson, Amanda Seyfried, Johnny Knoxville, Aziz Ansari, Pitbull, Jason Sudekis and Steven Tyler. The film is slated for a May 24, 2013 release. [SlashFilm]
Here's the latest poster for Tim Burton's Frankenweenie.
You can cross Taylor Kitsch off the Finnick Odair sweepstakes. Kitsch turned down the role in the upcoming Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire. That leave Armie Hammer and Garrett Hedlund as the two remaining actors rumored for the role. Kitsch's statement follows a similar one by Robert Pattinson after rumors spread that he was up for the role. [24Frames]
Here's the latest trailer for the factual thriller, The Imposter. The film opens July 13 in New York and expands to Los Angeles on August 3.
Universal is close to clinching deals with Aaron Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse for Kick-Ass 2. Nicolas Cage is also in talks to return in a cameo role. [Deadline]
Disney has chosen former Warner Bros. president and COO Alan Horn as their new head of Disney Studios. Horn oversaw an impressive list of films during his tenure at WB including the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, The Departed, the Sherlock Holmes franchise, Million Dollar Baby, the Ocean Eleven trilogy and the second and third Matrix films. He's also an executive producer on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. [Variety]
A whole slew of new release dates were announced today. They include:
- The Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is set for May 23, 2014.
- The untitled sequel for The X-Men: First Class set for July 18, 2014 with Matthew Vaughn directing.
- Steve Spielberg's Robopocalypse gets pushed from 2013 to April 25, 2014 (and not because it needed more Channing Tatum).
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty starring Ben Stiller and Walking with Dinosaurs will duke it out Christmas 2013.
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters arrives August 16, 2013.
- A Sandra Bullock/Melissa McCarthy untitled buddy cop comedy directed by Bridesmaids' Paul Feig arrives April 5, 2013.
- A 3D re-release of Independence Day hits July 3, 2013.
- Disney has bumped The Lone Ranger back to Independence Day 2013, where it will duke it out with the aforementioned ID 3D re-release.
- Thor 2 has been bumped up a week from its November 15, 2013 date, now hitting screens on November 8, 2013. The film will square off against Sony's One Direction concert movie.
- Lionsgate-Summit is setting up The Expendables, Red and Step Up as potential TV series. [Deadline]
Speaking of The Expendables, here's the new 60-second TV spot for The Expendables 2. And yes, they even work in a "You're terminated." line to bounce off Arnold.
A Fraggle Rock movie has been in the works for years and development has taken a step forward with Jim Byrkit and Alex Manugian, better known as the guys who wrote Rango, set to pen the script. [THR]
These new Amazing Spider-Man pics are preceded with the notice that Emma Stone will be making a cameo appearance on the hugely popular Nickelodeon show iCarly.
Robert DeNiro, Sigourney Weaver, Cillian Murphy and Elizabeth Olsen star in the supernatural thriller Red Lights. The film arrives in theaters July 13.
Finally, happy 82nd birthday to Mr. Eastwood. Sound off with your favorite Eastwood movie lines below!