Written June 30, 2016
1. Film was well done
2. educational as well as entertaining
3. Sensitive, emotional areas handled carefully, but powerfully
4. An anachronism.(when talking about equal pay during Reagan's period, it would have been said "the black man or colored or Negro, but just saying Blacks as a racial group would not have been said by the butler, he was not in tune with the terms)
5. Actors were excellent
6. Movie should be a requirement for seniors in high school because employment and history of how people were expected to work same positions, but receive unequal wages solely on how one looked and not performance.
7. A good lesson in pride, dedication, commitment to family. An example that there were also African-American stay-at- home housewives which isn't often expressed in the media.
Written August 21, 2013
Most of us have been taught about the civil rights movement in school, but that doesn't quite make you FEEL it. This movie puts you in the shoes of a black American male before, during and after this monumental part of our country's history, a history that sparked the advancement of civil rights around the world! There's a number of amazing actors that help this movie move you!!
Written August 18, 2013
A eye opening film for my daughter. Her generation, I don't ,think understood what happened only 50 years ago and earlier. The biggest suprise was Oprah Winfrey, I know she is a good actress, BUT she out did herself. She gets a standing ovation from me. This is a must see movie.
Written October 01, 2016
The movie was fantastic. The storyline has substance. It shows how DNA does not determine everything in your life. Each member of the family has his or her own thoughts and value system. It shows that in spite of our differences love is always the one constant and with it we can value each other.
Written February 06, 2016
The movie was great. Acting superb. Afterwards I was so compelled by the movie I researched the accuracy of the script only to find out it was 50% not true, only one son. Never met Obama. Did not really get the tie that Kennedy was killed in. but it's hollywood smollywood.