Written January 27, 2013
Found the movie to be very entertaining with lots of action too.
Acting was good. Might be a little much for young people 10 and under.
Written December 18, 2014
The special effects and 3D very well done. The good witches were adorable, the bad witches horrible.
If you're looking for a realistic fairy tale, you're in the wrong universe. This flic requires suspending a lot of disbelief, but once you do, it's enormously enjoyable. The end leaves ample room for sequels which I hope are forthcoming in the not too distant future.
Written August 27, 2014
1) This is for adults.
2) The inconsistent accents did bother me a little. I wanted to know where in the universe this could have been. Just because.
3) If you're going to 3D the hell out of something, this film shows your how to do it right.
4) The movie was an action packed could mouthed twist on the tale and I am sorry to say that I enjoyed it.
5) I did love the wand magic and witch makeups were fantastic.
6) Finally, for hard core critics, please check your expectations lest you be disappointed. Just try and have fun.
Written December 25, 2014
I'm not sure what to say about this movie, exactly. I didn't dislike it. However, I think it could have done more. The re were some seriously over the top moments and Famke Janssen's character was at the center of a lot of them. I do like the way it ended. I also feel there could have maybe been more witty banter and less cheese.
Written May 26, 2015
The original stories of these "childrens" stories were more adult oriented than we think here in America. We are very isolated. On a different note, for those that brought their kids to the showing, what part of "R" rating or the hardware in the actors hands didn't you notice? I observed in the credits a large amount of people with Germanic or surrounding countries surnames. Finally, a movie that is fun to watch and has the base it needs! And the acting was on target as well! This is not the "Wicked Witch" from Oz!