Written October 30, 2014
My wife and i went to see End Of Watch last night, It was great from start to finish. My wife on the other hand was not to thrilled about some of the things that were shown. I just reminded her that not all Law Enforcement Officers have those types of days and nights. It just depends on the sector that you are assigned to. I myself work in Law Enforcement, however, I work on the incarcerated side of the house and she knows that my goal is to go on the road so she got very worried when she saw the fire fighting scenes,. I think that she thought about me being involved in those types of situations especially since officer Taylor was a Marine and im a Marine veteran of 12 years. She asked me did i really want to go on the road. I told her it's the best way to advance in my career. I wouldn't advise anyone who has a weak stomach to see this movie I have been on some ride alongs with Police Officers the best one was a suspect seen with a gun. We drove at high speeds to get there.
Written December 19, 2014
This is a must see movie if you like cop movies or shows. You really felt like you were riding along with them. The hand held cameras were a little hard to handle sometimes but the story line and the wonderful partnership and friendship between the two police officers make you forget the camera. If you are a fan of Southland, you will definintely love this movie. Wonderful actors and very entertaining, Not for younger viewers, very graphic and lots and lots of the F word, almost too much I thought until the next day I listened to an actual recording of city police in a shoot out with cartel (in another state) and realized it did sound the same and the vocabulary was the same. Made me thankful I live 41 miles east of L.A.
Written December 25, 2014
I'll keep this rather quick...
- the moving camera is by far the worst thing going for this movie. I get it's supposed to be a sign of the times we live in but it was outright annoying.
- Jake Gyllenhaal's character seemed too bright to be an LA beat cop. Not that cops can't be bright but I needed a little insight as to how he ended up there.
- The end. I still don't know why the last scene is the last scene
- A very accurate portrait of police life. (i don't know if LA gang violence is still at the pitch the movie gives it, but it makes for a good nemesis.)
- The writer goes a long long way to get you to like these guys so the end is worth the trip.
- This is the type of cop movie Hollywood has been trying and failing to make since Colors. It's a full on sensory experience. A Sweet, funny, gross, tense, hardcore, sad, action packed, angry, adrenalin shot of a movie....and it's almost perfect.
Written August 01, 2014
Love Jake's and Michael's acting skills. Felt like there was something missing to the plot. It had moments where the movie dragged on. Better to see it on DVD. Don't want to say too much and spoil it for other but not worth the 2hrs of my time.
Written December 18, 2014
This is an awesome movie , i was a little worried it looked low budget on the previews, but it is totally not... I have not seen a good movie in theateres in a long time... This was an awesome movie. I give it two big thumbs up.I loved it. GO SEE IT!!!!!