Written December 06, 2016
I LIVE IN CHICAGO,... WHERE CRIME NEVER STOPS. SO YOU GET YOUR CROOKED COPS, YOU GOT THE COPS THAT GO BY THE BOOK,.. THEN YOU HAVE THE COPS THAT ARE ABOUT HELPING THEIR COMMUNITY. THESE COPS IN THE "END OF WATCH" ARE THOUGHS TYPE OF COPS. THEIR ARE PARTS IN THE MOVIE WHERE YOU JUST SAY TO YOUR SELF "WHAT THE FAACK?" THEN YOU COME TO THINK, YEAH YEAH I CAN SEE THAT HAPPENING HERE IN CHICAGO. CRACK HEADS, DRUNKS, GANG BANGING. THESE COPS ARE BEST OF FRIENDS AND THEY MAKE IT CLEAR TO EACH OTHER, "YOU DIE AND ILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY FOR LIFE". I LOVE THIS MOVIE AND I CANT WAIT UNTIL I CAN GET IT ON DVD/BLUE RAY.
Written December 07, 2016
This is a must see movie if you like cop movies or shows. You really felt like you were riding along with them. The hand held cameras were a little hard to handle sometimes but the story line and the wonderful partnership and friendship between the two police officers make you forget the camera. If you are a fan of Southland, you will definintely love this movie. Wonderful actors and very entertaining, Not for younger viewers, very graphic and lots and lots of the F word, almost too much I thought until the next day I listened to an actual recording of city police in a shoot out with cartel (in another state) and realized it did sound the same and the vocabulary was the same. Made me thankful I live 41 miles east of L.A.
Written January 17, 2017
I'll keep this rather quick...
- the moving camera is by far the worst thing going for this movie. I get it's supposed to be a sign of the times we live in but it was outright annoying.
- Jake Gyllenhaal's character seemed too bright to be an LA beat cop. Not that cops can't be bright but I needed a little insight as to how he ended up there.
- The end. I still don't know why the last scene is the last scene
- A very accurate portrait of police life. (i don't know if LA gang violence is still at the pitch the movie gives it, but it makes for a good nemesis.)
- The writer goes a long long way to get you to like these guys so the end is worth the trip.
- This is the type of cop movie Hollywood has been trying and failing to make since Colors. It's a full on sensory experience. A Sweet, funny, gross, tense, hardcore, sad, action packed, angry, adrenalin shot of a movie....and it's almost perfect.
Written June 29, 2016
This is an awesome movie , i was a little worried it looked low budget on the previews, but it is totally not... I have not seen a good movie in theateres in a long time... This was an awesome movie. I give it two big thumbs up.I loved it. GO SEE IT!!!!!
Written January 21, 2017
Great, edge-of-your-seat thriller. Not for the faint of heart or those who like to sugar coat real world problems. The acting was phenomenal and the directing on spot. Would recommend to anybody that loves to be entertained. Great way to spend 2 hours of your time and would do so again. 4 stars out of 4.