Written June 03, 2015
I'll keep this rather quick...
- the moving camera is by far the worst thing going for this movie. I get it's supposed to be a sign of the times we live in but it was outright annoying.
- Jake Gyllenhaal's character seemed too bright to be an LA beat cop. Not that cops can't be bright but I needed a little insight as to how he ended up there.
- The end. I still don't know why the last scene is the last scene
- A very accurate portrait of police life. (i don't know if LA gang violence is still at the pitch the movie gives it, but it makes for a good nemesis.)
- The writer goes a long long way to get you to like these guys so the end is worth the trip.
- This is the type of cop movie Hollywood has been trying and failing to make since Colors. It's a full on sensory experience. A Sweet, funny, gross, tense, hardcore, sad, action packed, angry, adrenalin shot of a movie....and it's almost perfect.
Written June 30, 2015
I LIVE IN CHICAGO,... WHERE CRIME NEVER STOPS. SO YOU GET YOUR CROOKED COPS, YOU GOT THE COPS THAT GO BY THE BOOK,.. THEN YOU HAVE THE COPS THAT ARE ABOUT HELPING THEIR COMMUNITY. THESE COPS IN THE "END OF WATCH" ARE THOUGHS TYPE OF COPS. THEIR ARE PARTS IN THE MOVIE WHERE YOU JUST SAY TO YOUR SELF "WHAT THE FAACK?" THEN YOU COME TO THINK, YEAH YEAH I CAN SEE THAT HAPPENING HERE IN CHICAGO. CRACK HEADS, DRUNKS, GANG BANGING. THESE COPS ARE BEST OF FRIENDS AND THEY MAKE IT CLEAR TO EACH OTHER, "YOU DIE AND ILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY FOR LIFE". I LOVE THIS MOVIE AND I CANT WAIT UNTIL I CAN GET IT ON DVD/BLUE RAY.
Written July 01, 2015
I like the ideology behind how they filmed the movie. There are many movies coming out that have this first person view of the action. By they time you get into the movie you kinda forget that and it makes the move more enjoyable.
The movie is great. The only reason I didn't give it a must go is because there were a few slow points of the move but felt it was probably necessary to give more to the story. It was also great to go see the movie at 4pm on a Friday when there were two other new films out. This made the theater scarce and gave it a more "home theater" feel.
Given that I have quite a few members of my family in CA law enforcement obviously I'm going to spot the "yeah right" and it's fallacies. However, it was very entertaining and would recommend it to an action film enthusiast.
Written December 18, 2014
This is an awesome movie , i was a little worried it looked low budget on the previews, but it is totally not... I have not seen a good movie in theateres in a long time... This was an awesome movie. I give it two big thumbs up.I loved it. GO SEE IT!!!!!
Written December 21, 2014
very well written although i wish there was less stuff about their personal lives and more about the job but overall it was a great movie